Dr. Teske graduated medical school from the University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health Sciences. He then went on to pursue his orthopedic surgery from Wake Forest University and then subsequently completed a fellowship in sports medicine and shoulder reconstruction from the Steadman Hawkins Clinic of the Carolinas in Greenville, SC.
Orthopaedic Surgery Sports Medicine and Shoulder Reconstruction Fellowship
- Steadman Hawkins Clinic of the Carolinas, Greenville, SC
- August 2020 - July 2021
Orthopaedic Surgery Residency
- Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, NC
- July 2015-June 2020
University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health Sciences, Grand Forks, ND
- Doctor of Medicine
- August 2011-May 2015
North Dakota State University, Fargo, ND
- Bachelor of Science, Zoology
- August 2006-December 2009
Certification, Honors, Awards
- Board Eligible in Orthopaedic Surgery, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery (Part 1 July 2020) Permanent South Carolina Medical License (3/18/20-present)
- 2020 Frank E. Pollock, Sr. – Academic Excellence Award 2020 Resident Teaching Award, Wake Forest
- 2018 Resident Teaching Award, Wake Forest
- 2018 AANA Resident Scholarship recipient, Annual Meeting
- 2013 North Dakota Medical Association Peer Teaching Award, Class of 2015 2013 American College of Surgeons Wayne M. Swenson, MD Award
- 2006 Dean’s scholarship for College of Math and Science North Dakota State University Dean’s List – 2006-2009
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA)
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine (AOSSM)
- International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery and Orthopaedic Sports Medicine (ISAKOS)
- Hawkins Society
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society (AOA)
- Colorado Rockies - Spring Training 2021
- Colorado Rockies – 2021 MLB Combine - 2021
- North Greenville University Mens Lacrosse – Spring 2021 Mauldin High School Football - 2020
- High School Football Coverage Coordinator (2018, 2019) Wake Forest Mens Basketball – Fall 2019
- Winston Salem State University Football – Fall 2019 East Forsyth High School Football – 2017, 2018
- Wake Forest University Training Room – Fall 2017-Spring 2020
- Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery
- American Journal of Sports Medicine
Papers, Book Chapters, Posters, Presentations
- Teske L, Arvesen J, Kissenberth MJ, Pill SG, Lutz A, Adams KJ, Thigpen CA, Tokish JM, Momaya A, Shanley Athletes diagnosed with anterior and posterior shoulder instability display different chief complaints and disability. J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2021 Apr 22:S1058(21)365-7. PMID: 33895304.
- Teske L, Al’Khafaji I, Graves Needle length requirement for glenohumeral joint injection using the Neviaser approach. Orthopedics. 2020 Jul 1;43(4):e215-8. PMID: 32271929
- Teske L, Waterman BR. Editorial Commentary: Shoulder bone loss for dummies: A reproducible technique for quantifying glenohumeral osseous defects. 2019 Jun;35(6):1794-5. PMID: 31159964
- Trammell A, Teske L, Moore Grand Rounds: Anterior tibial spine avulsion in an adolescent case report. OrthopedicsToday. Oct 2019.
- Teske L, Stubbs Grand Rounds: PVNS of a pediatric hip case report. OrthopedicsToday. May 2018.
- Teske L, Stone Hip Joint Restoration. Edited by Joseph McCarthy, Philip Noble and Richard Villar. J Hip Preserv Surg. 2017 Aug;4(3):261.
- Meiers C, Teske L, Crabill J, Robertson C, Nelsen M. A Retrospective Analysis of the Effectiveness of MRI and Ultrasound in Identifying Rotator Cuff Open J of Clin Diag. Jan 2017;(7):1-7.
- Teske L, Johnson DH, Waterman BR. (2018). Instrumented measurement of the multiple- ligament-injured knee: Arthrometers, Stress Radiography, and In GC Fanelli (Ed.), The Multiple Ligament Injured Knee, 3rd Ed. New York, NY: Springer.
- Stewart RK, Oreck SL, Teske L, Waterman (2018). Orthopedic Patients. In Hurd WW, Jernigan JG (Eds.), Aeromedical Evacuation, 2nd Ed. New York, NY: Springer.
- Teske (2017, Oct). Needle Length Requirement for Glenohumeral Joint Injection Using the Neviaser Approach. Presentation at North Carolina Orthopaedic Association, Williamsburg, VA.
- Teske L, Graves B, Al’Khafaji I. (2017, Nov). Needle Length Requirement for Glenohumeral Joint Injection Using the Neviaser Poster presented at Wake Forest Surgical Sciences Research Day, Winston Salem, NC.
- Teske L, Meiers The Impact of Time Between Image and Surgery, Patient BMI, Smoking Status and Age on Ultrasound Accuracy (UNDSMHS Frank Low Research April, 2013)
- Meiers C, Teske L. Accuracy of Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Ultrasound in identifying rotator cuff tears in a clinical setting (UNDSMHS Frank Low Research April, 2013)